Please note the representation of the frame and picture above is for illustration purposes only, further information can be found on our FAQ page
Please note the representation of the canvas and picture above is for illustration purposes only, further information can be found on our FAQ page
Middlesex 1932-33. Possibly Hythe Railway Station. Standard Nine saloon with sunroof 1930s. Pictured next to a steam locomotive on a station along the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch light railway in Kent 'the world's smallest railway'. The Locomotive is No 1 Green Goddess which is one of the 10 surviving original engines painted in the green livery of the LNER. The car is Registration Mark HX 5599. The railway was constructed during the 1920s and opened on 16 July 1927. It was a project started by millionaire racing drivers Captain J E P Howey and Count Louis Zborowski. Zborowski was financially supported by Aston Martin and raced for them at Brooklands and in the 1923 French Grand Prix but he was killed at Monza in 1924 before the Romney Marsh site was chosen and Howey continued the project alone.